Saturday, April 25, 2015

Healthy Lifestyle

So what am I doing? What will this healthy lifestyle look like? Well for one I have decided to not follow any specific "diet" or program. I am going to create my own program that is challenging but not impossible. I feel like that is why I fail at so many diets. I cannot stay on track and when I mess up, I feel like well I might as well stop now. So anyways, here it is:

For my 80% healthy lifestyle I will:

  • Eat only whole grain products, no white flour.
  • Limit my sugar intake.
  • Drink only diet soda (eventually this will be cut out too, one step at a time). 
  • Eat a lot of fruits and veggies. 
  • Run 3 times a week and do Zumba 1 day a week (4 days of exercise).
  • Limit processed food.
  • Drink 8 glasses of water a day.
That is all I can think of right now. Overall, I am going to use good judgement on food choices. I am not expecting myself to be strict 100% of the time. That is why I love the 80/20 rule. I am allowing myself to have an occasional meal that doesn't follow this guideline, as long as it is occasional. 

I am going to weigh in once a week on Mondays and post it in the blog to share. 

Talk soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment