Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Counting Calories

Hello!

So things are going well for me! I have been losing weight already! I weighed in today 174.8, which is already 2.2 lbs weight loss! I changed my diet around a little bit. This will probably happen pretty often. I think change is good. Anyways, I spoke with a friend who had lost quite a bit of weight recently and asked her what she did. She gave me 2 big suggestions..

#1: Don't let yourself get "full". When I say full, I mean that overwhelming feeling of being stuffed. I think I have tricked my mind into thinking that I am not satisfied until I feel that feeling. It is horrible. That is why I eat way more than I should. So I am working on training my body to be satisfied with less.

#2. Track calories. There is an amazing app called My Fitness Pal that helps you track the calories of all your food and also the calories you burn with exercise! I love it! I have been using it the past couple of days and have noticed a big change. It helps me to really see the nutritional value of everything I eat. It breaks it down and gives you a goal for how much fat, protein, sugar, carbs, etc. you should be eating every day. My calorie limit is 1200 calories a day. So it is challenging but do-able.

I am excited to be documenting my progress as I try something new! Thanks for reading. :)

Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment